9780323510806 Physical Examination and Health Assessment 8th Edition PDF:
9780323510806 ebook byWith unmatched learning support and easy-to-follow approach, Jarvis’s Physical Examination and Health Assessment, isbn 9780323510806, 8th Edition (ePub/PDF) is the most authoritative, complete, and easily implemented solution for health assessment in nursing. This tightly integrated learning package continues to center on Carolyn Jarvis’s trademark logical, clear, and holistic approach to physical examination and health assessment across the patient’s lifespan. It is packed with step-by-step guidance, vivid illustrations and evidence-based content to provide a complete approach to health assessment skills and physical examination. With a fresh focus on today’s need-to-know information, the 9780323510806 8th edition PDF ebook, integrates inter-professional and QSEN collaboration, features enhanced inclusion of considerations, includes a new standalone Vital Signs chapter, and provides enhanced EHR and documentation content.
The most trusted name in health assessment for nurses, now in 9780323510806 eBook!
- Developmental Competence sections highlight content specific to children in our ebook, infants, adolescents, pregnant women, and older adults.
- Culture and Genetics sections include information on transcultural and biocultural variations in an increasingly diverse patient population.
- NEW! Standalone Vital Signs chapter and refocused nutrition content include an expanded emphasis on the national epidemic of obesity.
- Promoting a Healthy Lifestyle boxes present opportunities for patient teaching and health promotion while performing the health assessment.
- A clear, conversational, step-by-step in the pdf, evidence-based approach to physical examination and health assessment of patients throughout the lifespan.
- NEW! Patient Teaching and Health Promotion sections underscore the unique role of nurses (especially advanced practice nurses) in promoting health.
- NEW! Enhanced inclusion of LGBTQ issues and revamped and refocused Cultural Assessment chapter equip you with the skills to practice with greater sensitivity and inclusivity.
- Enhanced content on the electronic health record, charting, and narrative recording exemplify how to document assessment findings using state-of-the-art systems with time-tested thoroughness.
Physical Examination UPDATES:eBook
An unsurpassed collection of more than 1,100 full-color illustrations has been updated to vividly showcase anatomy and physiology, examination techniques, and abnormal findings.
NEW! Enhanced integration of QSEN and interprofessional collaboration emphasize how to ensure patient safety during the physical exam and how to collaborate with other health professionals to promote optimal health.
A consistent format from chapter to chapter features sections on Structure and Function, Subjective Data, Objective Data, Documentation and Critical Thinking, and Abnormal Findings to help you learn to assess systematically.
Engaging learning resources include assessment video clips; case studies with critical thinking activities; NCLEX® Exam review questions; audio clips of lung, heart, and abdominal sounds; assessment checklists, and much more.
Preface of 9780323510806 PDF:
jarvis’ physical examination eBook, is for those who still carefully examine their patients and for those of you who wish to learn how to do so. You develop and practice, and then learn to trust, your health history and physical examination skills. In 9780323510806 ebook , we give you the tools to do that. Learn to listen to the patient most often he or she will tell you what is wrong (and right) and what you can do to meet his or her health care needs. Then learn to inspect, examine, and listen to the person’s body. The data are all there and are accessible to you by using just a few extra tools. High-tech machinery is a smart and sophisticated adjunct, but it cannot replace your own bedside assessment of your patient. Whether you are a beginning examiner or an advanced-practice student, this book holds the content you need to develop and refine your clinical skills.
Features of 9780323510806 Physical Examination 8e:
This is a readable college text. All 8 editions have had these strengths: a clear, approachable writing style, an attractive and user-friendly format, integrated developmental variations across the life span with age-specific content on the infant, child, adolescent, pregnant woman, and older adult, cultural competencies in both a separate chapter and throughout the ebook; hundreds of meticulously prepared full-color illustrations; sample documentation of normal and abnormal findings and 60 clinical case studies; integration of the complete health assessment in 2 photo essays at the end of the book, where all key steps of a complete head-to-toe examination of the adult, infant, and child are summarized; and a photo essay highlighting a condensed head-to-toe assessment for each daily segment of patient care.
NOTE: The product only includes the eBook isbn 9780323510806 Physical Examination and Health Assessment 8e in PDF. No access codes are included.